Spectrum is an annual publication. While we accept submissions on a rolling basis, please note that our reading period is January 15th to March 15th.
We accept art, poetry, fiction, and non-fiction works from everyone, regardless of age or school affiliation. Art can be either black and white or in color. Any form of poetry and any genre of fiction is allowed; non-fiction works can range from interviews, personal essays, and creative or scholarly essays. We do not follow themes and no subject will be censored.
The guidelines are:
- We would like email submissions only.
Send all works to email@example.com.
- Paper submissions will still be considered; however, we will eventually need an electronic copy to edit. Hard copies can be mailed or dropped off to our box in the CCS office.
- Please send manuscripts as an attachment (.rtf or .doc) and not in the email body. We ask that you include a cover letter with a short biography in the body of all emails.
Please paginate all submissions:
- Poetry: Include multiple poems in a single document. We will consider up to five poems.
- Fiction and Non-Fiction: Prose submissions should be no longer than 5,000 words, though they can be as little as 100 words. We ask that you submit only one manuscript at a time.
- Please inform us of simultaneous submissions, and immediately notify us of withdrawal if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Names will be removed from each entry before review, so please leave the submission nameless.
- Previously published works will not be considered and subsequent publishers should be aware of your publication in Spectrum, though you maintain your rights as an author.
We reserve the right to edit submissions for grammar and length.
Contributors whose work is accepted for publication will receive a free copy of the issue.