Art Colloquium is designed to assist you in making the most of your experience as a CCS art student. It is required for all new CCS Art Majors who are entering UCSB as freshmen or transferring into CCS in the fall quarter. The class will serve as a base from which you will work independently outside of class to begin a discipline of academic research and studio practice.
This course will:
- acquaint you with CCS privileges, expectations, course offerings and procedures
- familiarize you with UCSB campus offerings and opportunities available to you as art students
- introduce you to potential research tracks
- support your developing studio practice
- build community and dialogue between the CCS art students and the Department of Art
- introduce you to the Santa Barbara art offerings.
We will meet weekly as a group in CCS.
Enroll in the Art Colloquium (ART CS 15) for 3.0 units with no Letter Grade.
You must also enroll in Intro to Contemporary Art in the Department of Art.
Charlotte Bonham-Carter & David Hodge, eds. The Contemporary Art Book Goodman Fiell