Art Colloquium is a required course for all new CCS Art Majors who are entering UCSB as freshmen or transferring into CCS Art in fall quarter. The course is designed to assist you in making the most of your experience as a CCS art student. It will serve as the base from which to work independently outside of class, and to begin a discipline of academic research and studio practice.
Art Colloquium will:
- acquaint you with CCS privileges, expectations, course offerings and procedures
- familiarize you with UCSB campus offerings and opportunities available to you as art students
- support the development of your studio practice
- introduce you to potential research tracks
- build community and dialogue between the CCS art students and Department of Art
As a companion to Art Colloquium (Art CS 15) students must also enroll in:
Introduction to Contemporary Art in Department of Art (Art 1C) for 2.0 units with Letter Grade.
Freshman Painting Majors and Book Arts Majors must take ART 7B – both the Lecture and a section for 5.0 units with letter grade in Fall quarter of their first year in CCS.