Congratulations to our 2022 Writing Competition Winners!
Brancart Fiction Award:
- 1st Place: Matthew Choi for "Snake Baby"
Richardson Poetry Award:
- 1st Place: Sasha Senal for “Cavity Pacific Coast Highway No.1”
- Honorable Mentions: Maya Salem, Carson Young, Vivian Walman-Randall, and Faith Talamantez
Most Excellent Awards
- 1st Place: Sophie Najm for “Letters to My Father”
- Honorable Mentions: Lila Velasquez Singh, Matthew Choi, and Mikayla Buhbe
- 1st Place: Celine Pun for “my sister is not my daughter poems”
- Honorable Mentions: Sasha Senal, Heming Huang, Brea Spencer, and Faith Talamantez
- 1st Place: Emma deZarn for “The Golden Gate(keeper) of Hollywood”
- Honorable Mentions: Catherine Coney, Kat Yuen, Sasha Senal, and Phoebe Pineda
Brancart Fiction Writing Contest: Established by CCS alumna Christine Lehner in memory of her grandmother Reine Brancart, the Brancart Fiction Award is given each year for an exemplary work of fiction. The fiction piece must be at least one (1) page in length but no more than fifteen (15). One entry per student.
- Winner receives: $600.00
Richardson Poetry Writing Contest: Established by CCS alumnus Jeffrey Hewitt in memory of his grandmother Henrietta Wing Richardson, the Richardson Poetry Prize is given each year for an exemplary work of poetry. Students may submit a poem or group of poems of no more than five (5) pages. One entry per student.
- Winner receives $400.00
CCS Most Excellent Writing Contest (Narrative Prose, Essay, Poetry): Students may submit a piece of fiction, an essay or a poem (one submission per category). Narrative prose and essay submissions should be 1-10 pages, and poetry submissions should be 1-5 pages. One entry per category per student.
- One First Place Winner per category receives: $35.00
- One Second Place Winner per category receives: $25.00
- Three Honorable Mentions receive: $15.00